Tuesday 30 July 2013

Sexual Exposure Chart & STI's

Although we here at Sexy U are very pro - sex and love to share in ways to 
make your sex life and relationship/s more fun and intimate we do believe that it's important to
teach ALL aspects of sex - not only the GOOD, but the BAD & UGLY as well.

STI's are a very real and very serious issue and since people don't readily talk
about this topic and rarely admit if they ever had (or have) one, I
feel that it is my responsibility to show you the UGLY side. 

Please do protect yourself and only have sex with those you know and trust, it is beneficial to 
get tested for STD's periodically. It is so so simple, easy and free to get the Doctor to 
take an extra swab during your routine PAP smear, it is something that I have always done. 
They wont look at you weird, whenever I get a PAP I nonchalantly say,
"Hey, would you be able to throw in a STI test in while your'e down there?!"
They just do it and are happy you ask because it's the responsible thing to do.
(This may not be free in other Provinces or Countries but trust me - It's worth it!)
You can carry an STI for YEARS without a symptom, passing it around all the while.

Men, you are just as responsible to do this as us women too.

While doing a little research, I found this interesting chart to show you how easy it is to spread an STI
to a ton of people. Some people may think, oh I have only slept with 10 people in
my whole life - that's not much at all - But if those 10 people have each "ONLY" slept with 10
people each..... That is a whopping 1023 people that something could have been spread around!

Have a look at the chart and see what I mean.

Chart borrowed from WRMCSN.com, which is a wonderful Women's Resource website

Crazy huh?! I hope that all of you play it safe when you do play, and please do remember
that anything oil based (including lotions, massage oils, natural oils, etc)will eat through a condom causing it to break. You can only get pregnant a small portion out of a month but STI's are there
24/7/365 ready and willing at any time. 

Don't ever hesitate to go get tested, you can always go to your family Doctor, any walk in medical clinic or Planned Parenthood if you are in the USA or OPT (Options for Sexual Health) in British Columbia.
The above websites are great for further education as well.

I  found a great chart as well showing the signs and symptoms of many STI's
for both men and women at Sex Info Online.
It is quite a large chart - too big to post on this page, so you will find it HERE
They've also got many other topics that are interesting and useful to read and you can even
take tests on your knowledge.

I hope that you play safe, now it's time for me to post about more FUN stuff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment